/Cotton Pojagi Dam Yo Scarf
Oversized down filled scarf inspired by Korean traditional down blankets. Leftover quilted cotton fabrics bought in the markets of Seoul and then hand dyed in a Korean traditional natural dye technique by a local artisan. Patch worked to recreate the Korean traditional quilting called Pojagi. This is a centuries old Asian tradition that used bright scraps of fabrics and leftovers from the noble/aristocratic or royal families; women repurposed this to wrap, protect or store objects. Wrapping a gift showed a sign of respect for the object and goodwill towards the recipient. The down filling is also upcycled from down blankets.
Each sample will have a limited-edition label showing only a total 10 pieces produced.
Limited Edition Item - Only 10 produced. Pre-order only. 2 weeks lead-time.
100% Quilted Cotton
One Size: 80” Long x 13” Wide
Details & Fit
- Oversized cotton quilted blanket scarf. Korean traditional hand dyed.
- Lightly filled with upcycled down.
- Underside lined in black washed silk.
- Can be worn tied around the neck as a scarf or as a shawl.
- Limited Edition label.
- Model is 5’ 9.5" and wearing size Extra Large.
Fabric & Care
- Quilted cotton fabric imported and hand dyed from South Korea and made in NYC garment district.
- Lined in washed cotton silk.
- All fabrics are stock/leftover fabrics.
- Mid Weight.
- Handwash only.